Gallery: Cars by the Lake show in Fornham St Martin raises £30,000 for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
The fifth annual Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake show near Bury St Edmunds has raised an estimated £30,000 for charity.
Thousands of people flocked to Sunday’s event, which supports St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The day at Hall Farm, Fornham St Martin, showcased 600 cars and motorcycles, with more than 5,300 people passing through the gates.
The event is hosted by Andrew and Gina Long, of Hall Farm, and organised by a voluntary committee.
Mrs Long said: “It was an incredible day raising huge sums for the hospice, which is only possible because of the stars of the show: the cars and their owners, and the public – who came out in record numbers.
“It was by far the best show yet, and it’s getting better every year.
“Thank you to everyone who supported it and made it such a special day. We are also grateful to our generous sponsors, who help to make the event possible.”
- 1 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 4 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 8 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 9 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
Head organiser Austin Cornish said they estimated the event had raised more than £30,000, which they are “thrilled” with.