Gallery: Cars by the Lake show in Fornham St Martin raises £30,000 for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
The fifth annual Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake show near Bury St Edmunds has raised an estimated £30,000 for charity.
Thousands of people flocked to Sunday’s event, which supports St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The day at Hall Farm, Fornham St Martin, showcased 600 cars and motorcycles, with more than 5,300 people passing through the gates.
The event is hosted by Andrew and Gina Long, of Hall Farm, and organised by a voluntary committee.
Mrs Long said: “It was an incredible day raising huge sums for the hospice, which is only possible because of the stars of the show: the cars and their owners, and the public – who came out in record numbers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was by far the best show yet, and it’s getting better every year.
“Thank you to everyone who supported it and made it such a special day. We are also grateful to our generous sponsors, who help to make the event possible.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
Head organiser Austin Cornish said they estimated the event had raised more than £30,000, which they are “thrilled” with.