Gallery: Cheers of ‘ho, ho, ho’ as runners take part in charity Santa Hell Run
- Credit: Archant
Runners got into the festive spirit and donned red suits and white beards for a cross-country Santa Hell Run in Heveningham.
Cries of ‘ho, ho, ho’ filled the air as 90 people participated in the Heveningham Hall Santa Hell Run to raise cash for Get Kids Going.
There were two runs at Heveningham Hall, near Halesworth - a 3km Santa’s Little Helpers race for children followed by a 10km Santa Hell Run for adults.
Lois Hunt, who owns the hall, said: “It was so successful and we are so happy with the response.
“The winning adult crossed the finish line in 45 minutes after tackling a challenging cross country course which was very wet and muddy.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as the Hell Run, visitors enjoyed wandering around a Christmas Market offering an array of local produce and Christmas-themed crafts.
She added: “We even had someone set up a snow-making machine so there was lots of snow falling, Father Christmas was busy in his grotto handing out presents to children and young boys sold hot chestnuts.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
“I think, in all, we have probably raised around £2,000 for Get Kids Going which supplied wheelchairs for disabled children.
“I’d like to thank everyone who helped, especially Dr George Bownes for organising the run.”