Gallery: Children perform The Pied Piper at Combs Ford Primary School
The Pied Piper has played his tunes in front of audiences as pupils acted out their parts in a school production.
More than 100 children aged between seven and nine were involved in the performances at Combs Ford Primary School, Stowmarket.
The pupils had to work hard in the rehearsals, which started weeks before the shows were performed.
Headteacher Russell Clark said: “The children have worked tremendously hard and we are very proud.
“Due to unexpected sickness some children were asked to fulfil additional roles at very short notice, but you would have been pushed to tell which. At the end of the performance there wasn’t a dry eye in the house.”
You may also want to watch:
The earliest references to the story, from the Middle Ages, tells of a piper, dressed in multi-coloured clothing, who protects children in the town of Hamelin, Germany, after a number of them die.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex