Gallery: Chitty’s the star at charity event
THE star of the hit film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang wowed fans at a classic car rally in aid of St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Chitty, the original car from the 1968 film, drew the crowds at the Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake event at Hall Farm in Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, on Sunday.
Gina Long, one of the St Nicholas Hospice Care social events organising committee, said she was thrilled with the response.
“It was a fantastic day,” she said. “We have been overwhelmed by such great support.
“It has been absolutely wonderful to have Chitty here.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 150 gleaming cars were on show at the family fun day, which featured live music, craft stalls and food by the Suffolk Food Hall.
Bury St Edmunds brewer Greene King and Thomas Peatling kept visitors in high spirits at the show, which was sponsored by Carrs BMW in aid of the hospice.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
“It has gone exceptionally well,” said Mrs Long, who hosted the rally with her husband, Andrew. “We have raised crucial funds for the hospice and had fun along the way.”
For more details about the show, visit www.classic sportscarsbythe lake.co.uk