Gallery: Christmas charity events raise more than �900 for Mason’s Magic
A FAMILY who collected donations from admirers coming to see their Christmas lights are delighted to be able to give a huge helping hand to children’s charity masons Magic this New Year.
The Chilvers covered their home in Edmonton Road, Kesgrave in glistening fairy lights again this year, keeping up a 12-year tradition.
Donations were this year collected for Mason’s Magic, a fund set up by the family of Mason Fountain to help children with brain tumours.
Di Chilver said: “Decorating starts at the beginning of November to allow for inclement weather conditions and we have a grand switch on in December with a countdown, inviting friends and family to join us for a Christmas barbecue.”
This year the Chilvers and their friends also took a dip in the North Sea at Felixstowe on Boxing Day in aid of Mason’s Magic.
In total, they raised �914 for the cause.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's