Gallery: Christmas charity events raise more than �900 for Mason’s Magic
A FAMILY who collected donations from admirers coming to see their Christmas lights are delighted to be able to give a huge helping hand to children’s charity masons Magic this New Year.
The Chilvers covered their home in Edmonton Road, Kesgrave in glistening fairy lights again this year, keeping up a 12-year tradition.
Donations were this year collected for Mason’s Magic, a fund set up by the family of Mason Fountain to help children with brain tumours.
Di Chilver said: “Decorating starts at the beginning of November to allow for inclement weather conditions and we have a grand switch on in December with a countdown, inviting friends and family to join us for a Christmas barbecue.”
This year the Chilvers and their friends also took a dip in the North Sea at Felixstowe on Boxing Day in aid of Mason’s Magic.
You may also want to watch:
In total, they raised �914 for the cause.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named