Gallery: Christmas lights provide festive sparkle in Ipswich
Christmas officially arrived at the town centre as Santa joined the shoppers at the first late-night shopping extravaganza of the year.
CHRISTMAS officially started in Ipswich as Santa joined the shoppers at the first late-night shopping extravaganza of the year last night.
Shops will remain open into the evening every Thursday from now until Christmas - and there will be plenty of entertainment to encourage people to come out and spend their money in the town.
Last night Santa rode through town in his sleigh as the lights came on magically to greet the shoppers.
It was the first of five themed shopping nights in the town, centred around the Evening Star Christmas Tree which is back in pride of place on the Cornhill this year.
Next week characters from the Regent pantomime are expected to take pride of place in the Thursday night entertainment, which is being branded From Statues to Surprise.
Activities also include:
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- Festive Market
- Daisy the Cow
- Treasure Hunt
- Ice Maiden on stilts
- Human Statues
- Fire Eaters
- Elves from Stage Coach
- Decorum dance group