Gallery: Classical singing star Katherine Jenkins meets our forces from Wattisham on Afghanistan tour
- Credit: Sergeant Dan Bardsley (Phot)
Classical singer Katherine Jenkins met serving personnel from Wattisham during a visit to Afghanistan with the British Forces Foundation (BFF).
The mezzo-soprano star was accompanied by a host of famous faces, including comedian Kane Brown, for the three-day visit to Camp Bastion.
During a busy first day she toured the Joint Aviation Group, met aircrews and stepped aboard Apache, Lynx and Chinook helicopters.
She also met Apache crews from Wattisham during the visit.
She said: “It is an immense honour to be able to perform for the men and women of our armed forces and I will continue to do so for as long as they want me to.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Cann, British Forces Foundation’s chief executive officer, added: “If they all think it’s been a success, a lift, and they get a sense of people back home being behind them, then we have done our job.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam