Gallery: Colourful characters gather for reading celebration at Easton Primary
Avid young readers turned up to school dressed as their favourite story characters as part of a week-long celebration of books.
Children at Easton Primary School, near Woodbridge, spent the day in costume to mark the culmination of their Book Week festivities.
Activities during the week included a teddy bears’ reading picnic, a book café and visits from authors and illustrators. The resulting work was compiled and went on display in a ‘book museum’ for parents to visit and have a look round.
Teacher Diane Payne said: “The children had a brilliant time. There was lots of involvement from parents.
“By being quite creative, we were able to tie things in with the curriculum.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the cast of characters to arrive at the school were the Gruffalo, the Cat in the Hat, and an Oompa Loompa. Each child took along the book that inspired their outfit and even the teachers joined in.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 6 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go