Gallery: Country life on show at Easton Farm Park
Young farmers from across the county descended on Easton near Woodbridge yesterday for their annual country fair.
Spurred on by the glorious weather, more than 1,000 people attended the event at Easton Farm Park which included a wide range of outdoor activities and demonstrations.
These included dog agility demonstrations, a parade of vintage tractors and a horse show. Young children enjoyed a number of fairground rides while grown-up, more burly members of the farming fraternity tried their strength at tossing hay bales.
Other attractions included a converted Ford Fiesta car, which required two young farmers to drive it – one controlling the pedals and the other one sat on an armchair attached to the roof.
“We’ve had an amazing day. There’s been a real buzz about the place,” said Tory Nugsden, county organiser for Suffolk Young Farmers, who estimated the event had raised about £3,000 for the organisation. The money will go towards training members and paying for staff.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Nugsden had special praise for the Suffolk Young Farmers county chairman John Dickson whose hard work ensured more than 40 trade stalls were in place for the day.
The event was sponsored by a number of firms including East of England Co-operative Society and Ensors.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook