Gallery: Day of friendly rivalry at Dennington summer sports day
- Credit: Archant
Athletic youngsters from two Suffolk primary schools united for their annual summer sports day.
Children from Dennington Primary invited friends from their partnership school in Charsfield for a day of sporting activities.
It was a return visit for Charsfield Primary, which hosted last year’s event seven miles away, just south of Framlingham.
The day began with a skills morning, with children from both schools forming teams before taking part in races throughout the afternoon.
Parents and friends provided refreshments and some even joined in for the races. Headteacher Val Jones said: “We had running races, obstacle races and egg and spoon races for the toddlers, mums and dads.
You may also want to watch:
“There were also 10 stations for the children to move around, with activities like throwing, target practice, jumping, skipping, hopping, time trials and basketball.
“Everyone did really well and it was a very supportive day, with children cheering each other along.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting