Gallery: Drivers rescued from flood water between Bury St Edmunds and Haverhill
- Credit: Archant
Several roads are impassable after a night of heavy rain which is continuing this morning.
Suffolk police said there was widespread flood particularly in west Suffolk in Bury St Edumunds and Haverhill.
Motorists are getting stuck in flood water between the two towns with five drivers reportedly in difficulties this morning.
A spokesman for the fire service warned drivers not to drive through flood water and to find alternative routes.
Problems are also reported in Bury at the A143 in Compiegne Way and on the A1088 in Ixworth where a road underneath a railway line is blocked.
You may also want to watch:
A car is reported have got stuck on the B1077, in the Helmingham, Framsden area.
There is also flooding in Horringer and Elmswell.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service has had a large number of calls to flooding in the north-west of the county.
About 20 flats were affected in Saffron Walden. Residents were rescued from the water via a boat.
Roads flooded or affected:
A143 between Haverhill and Bury
A140 at Yaxley, Ipswich-bound
Road from Debenham to Stonham Aspal at village high school
The Street in Stanton
One lane of the A143 in Wattisfield
Flooding also in Withersfield, Nowton, Whepsted and Gt Thurlow
A143 at Wortham at the Scole roundabout
Between Haughley and Old Newton
A1088 Ixworth, Thetford Road
The Tostock area
A12, Yoxford area
The Strand between Ipswich and Shotley
B1115, Bildeston Road
Stradishall, Cowlinge Road
Several parts of Sturmer
Main road in Bures
Parts of Preston St Mary
Barking Road between the village and Needham Market
A143 at Stanton
Somersham to Gt Blakenham
Beyton and Thurston areas
B1077 between Helmingham and Framsden