Gallery: Elmstead fundraisers in the pink for Colchester General Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A pink themed charity fun day has raised its best ever fundraising total.
Around 150 people turned out for Pink Day at Elmstead Market Community Centre on Saturday raising £1,200 for Colchester General Hospital.
The event, organised by Linda Pearson, of Flair Hair in the village, featured raffles, games and stalls - and a common theme of pink throughout. One of the salon’s customers baked 200 pink cup cakes and one “giant cupcake” for the refreshment stall.
The colour theme takes its basis from Breast Cancer UK’s Breast Cancer Awareness Week, although the money raised will go to the hospital as a more local cause to support.
Mrs Pearson said the event was “absolutely brilliant”.
“It was fantastic,” she added.
“Everyone who attended said it there was a really lovely atmosphere and they had a great time.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
“The last event was a success, this was even more so, who knows what’s next.”