Gallery: Elmstead fundraisers in the pink for Colchester General Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A pink themed charity fun day has raised its best ever fundraising total.
Around 150 people turned out for Pink Day at Elmstead Market Community Centre on Saturday raising £1,200 for Colchester General Hospital.
The event, organised by Linda Pearson, of Flair Hair in the village, featured raffles, games and stalls - and a common theme of pink throughout. One of the salon’s customers baked 200 pink cup cakes and one “giant cupcake” for the refreshment stall.
The colour theme takes its basis from Breast Cancer UK’s Breast Cancer Awareness Week, although the money raised will go to the hospital as a more local cause to support.
Mrs Pearson said the event was “absolutely brilliant”.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastic,” she added.
“Everyone who attended said it there was a really lovely atmosphere and they had a great time.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Body found in the River Orwell
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
“The last event was a success, this was even more so, who knows what’s next.”