Gallery: Essex based Samurai class to hold open day in Stowmarket
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
The ancient art of Samurai is coming to Stowmarket.
Mike Graham, who lives in Colchester, will be bringing his unique Martial Arts and living history school Muso Shugyo to Stowmarket Community Centre on February 21 for an open day.
Mr Graham, who is originally from Australia, said he had always been fascinated with martial arts, and got into Samurai while on a trip to Japan when he was on leave from the army.
In his classes, which he currently runs in North Weald, Essex, people are offered the opportunity to work with swords and take part in living history.
Mr Graham said: “It’s fun and sociable at the same time. It’s suitable for everybody. We have people in their 30s and 40s, as well as a lady in her 70s.
“We have a student in his 18th year and he says every time I learn something new. You’re constantly learning.”
The open day takes place between 9.30am and 11.30am, and entry is free.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 5 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 6 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 7 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 8 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
For more information, call Mr Graham on 07940 059294.