Gallery: Essex based Samurai class to hold open day in Stowmarket
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
The ancient art of Samurai is coming to Stowmarket.
Mike Graham, who lives in Colchester, will be bringing his unique Martial Arts and living history school Muso Shugyo to Stowmarket Community Centre on February 21 for an open day.
Mr Graham, who is originally from Australia, said he had always been fascinated with martial arts, and got into Samurai while on a trip to Japan when he was on leave from the army.
In his classes, which he currently runs in North Weald, Essex, people are offered the opportunity to work with swords and take part in living history.
Mr Graham said: “It’s fun and sociable at the same time. It’s suitable for everybody. We have people in their 30s and 40s, as well as a lady in her 70s.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a student in his 18th year and he says every time I learn something new. You’re constantly learning.”
The open day takes place between 9.30am and 11.30am, and entry is free.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
For more information, call Mr Graham on 07940 059294.