Gallery: Family fun at country show
JOUSTING and sword-fighting were among the attractions at a medieval-themed event over the weekend.
The Robin Hood Game and Country Show took place at Trinity Park, Ipswich, with fun-filled events for all the family.
Friar Tuck and Maid Marian characters also made an appearance, interacting with the crowds and performing re-enactments of their adventures in Sherwood Forest.
A major feature of the show this year was the All About Dogs Zone, giving the region’s dog devotees the chance to see lurcher racing, dog agility and other exciting canine competitions.
The event saw hundreds of people chanting along to We Will Rock You as knights entered the stadium ahead of a jousting display.
You may also want to watch:
Children enjoyed the inflatable water zone – some experiencing water zorbing for the first time – while their parents enjoyed more than 200 stands dedicated to country pursuits, clothing and rural crafts.
The event also let visitors, who had travelled from far and wide, try their hand at archery and shooting.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
Sheep racing was also a prime attraction, along with ferret runs and a falconry demonstration.