Gallery: Farlingaye High School pupils don fancy dress for sponsored walk through Woodbridge
- Credit: Archant
Fundraising high school pupils and staff replaced their usual attire with an outrageous array of fancy dress in Woodbridge yesterday.
A parade of more than 1,800 people left Farlingaye High School on an eight-mile route round town and along the river, stopping for lunch on Kingston Playing Fields.
Starting times were staggered for each year group, with staff posted en route to ensure the event ran smoothly.
There were spot prizes for best outfits, and a special day out awarded to the tutor group with the most sponsorship – to be split between charity and buying more computers for the school.
Headteacher Sue Hargadon said: “I love this day. The students are always so creative with their outfits and we have great fun.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s lovely to see all the different students interacting so well, all raising money for the school and charity.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?