Gallery: Father Christmas arrives at Snape Maltings by boat
HUNDREDS of people stood patiently as Santa arrived in Snape Maltings by barge yesterday to visit children in his grotto.
The annual event drew the crowds at the tourist destination near the Suffolk coast.
Events manager Nikki Gilbert said: “It was fantastic. He came down on the barge and came into his grotto and spoke to all the children.
“The turnout was absolutely brilliant, lots of little children, from really little tots up to nine-year-olds.
“People were waiting on both sides of the river and down the footpath, it was beautiful.”
You may also want to watch:
Santa could be seen on the barge 10 minutes before arriving at the quayside.
Music on the day was provided by the Martlesham Brass Band and a group of choir singers.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
The event, which has been going for more than 20 years, raised money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.