Gallery: Framlinham College’s cabaret show features West End glitz and glamour
- Credit: Archant
Students at an independent school in east Suffolk attempted to recreate the glitz and glamour of the West End during their recent annual cabaret performance.
The three night show, entitled A Night at The Musicals saw students performing songs from shows including Into the Woods, Jesus Christ Superstar and a “rousing rendition” of One Day More from Les Misérables.
It featured soloists as well as backing from a 50-strong student chorus and a 36-piece orchestra of students, staff and professional musicians.
Tim Rhodes, who is director of music at the college, said he was “delighted with the quality of all involved”.
“Not only were there some outstanding solo performances, but the amount of students in the chorus and orchestra shows the depth of talent that the college has to offer,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“The audience clearly loved it as we had standing ovations each night justifying the hard work that had been put in by everyone.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash