Gallery: Great Saxmundham Bake Off at The Bell At Sax hotel
Students showcased their culinary skills in the ‘Great Saxmundham Bake Off’ on Saturday.
Youngsters aged 11 to 14 from Saxmundham Free School took part in the baking challenge at The Bell At Sax hotel.
The pupils were tasked with baking a Mothers’ Day afternoon tea treat.
Five judges tasted the delicacies served up and awarded the overall winner prize to Lauren Child for her fondant fancies. The runners-up were Evangeline Salter and Amy Rowe.
Jonathan Nicholson, chef-proprietor of The Bell At Sax, said: “It was a hard-fought contest and we were very impressed.
You may also want to watch:
“We looked at appearance, the idea and creativity behind the theme of each entry, the cooking ability – like Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood we didn’t want any soggy bottoms – and finally and most importantly, the flavour.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results