Gallery: Hadleigh Show brings out the crowds
HADLEIGH: Perfect show weather brought out the crowds to the town’s annual agricultural show at the weekend.
With a wide range of attractions for everyone, from traditional livestock and showjumping competitions to a funfair and a range of events in ring one, the organisers put on something for everyone.
Among the highlights this year were a motorcycle stunt show in the main ring and displays of vintage farm machinery.
Birds of prey demonstrations delighted the crowds – and among the animals that kept their feet firmly on the ground there was a chance to meet the Stour Valley Beagles and the East Anglia Bloodhounds.
The event is one of a series of agricultural events that build up the show season towards the Suffolk Show at the start of next month.
You may also want to watch:
This was the show’s 171st year – and while tradition is still important it certainly moves with the times as youngsters in jeans and T-shirts mingled with stewards and judges in their traditional bowler hats.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!