Gallery: It’s snowing! Winter wonderland is an early Christmas treat for residents in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents have been taken back to the Christmasses of their youths with a ‘winter wonderland’ experience, including an ice rink.
Partnership in Care, which has six homes in Suffolk, organised festive activities at Risby Hall and Park Nursing Homes in Hall Lane, Risby, for residents from all their homes.
As well as an ice rink, there was a carousel, roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, mince pies, Father Christmas and Mother Christmas in their grotto, elves and decorative penguins and polar bears.
Rachel Fitton, clinical director at Partnership in Care, said the fun winter wonderland gave residents the chance to reminisce, adding that about 75% of residents across the six homes have dementia.
“They have really, really enjoyed it. They have had lots of fun,” she said. “Also, one of our gentleman, his great-grandson came in and he just loved being able to put him on the carousel.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as residents’ families, local schoolchildren also came along during the week.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 9 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer