Gallery: Meet artists behind the work during Suffolk Open Studios month
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 Suffolk artists are opening their studios to give visitors a look behind the scenes this month.
The Suffolk Open Studios initiative features everything from watercolours and acrylics to photos, prints, jewellery and sculpture.
Chairman, Tom Lund-Lack said he hoped to see record numbers of visitors this year. He added: “I love the variety in artists that we attract each year – returning artists and up-and-coming artists, as well as established ones who are new to our open studios.”
Suffolk Open Studios has been running since 1993, when a group of about 15 artists got together in the Snape and Aldeburgh area. The network now covers the whole of Suffolk and this year includes about 128 artists. Many collaborate by creating mapped trails of several studios. Others also demonstrate their craft, allow visitors to try their skill for themselves, and provide refreshments.
A directory and website include details of routes and opening weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lund-Lack said: “We encourage guests to plan their route, including somewhere to stop for lunch, to ensure an enjoyable day that runs smoothly.
“This is an experience designed to open your mind to art. There is no pressure to buy but please leave with your head full of creativity and inspiration.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
More details are available on Facebook, on Twitter from @Suffopenstudios, or at suffolkopenstudios.org.