Gallery: Meet artists behind the work during Suffolk Open Studios month
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 Suffolk artists are opening their studios to give visitors a look behind the scenes this month.
The Suffolk Open Studios initiative features everything from watercolours and acrylics to photos, prints, jewellery and sculpture.
Chairman, Tom Lund-Lack said he hoped to see record numbers of visitors this year. He added: “I love the variety in artists that we attract each year – returning artists and up-and-coming artists, as well as established ones who are new to our open studios.”
Suffolk Open Studios has been running since 1993, when a group of about 15 artists got together in the Snape and Aldeburgh area. The network now covers the whole of Suffolk and this year includes about 128 artists. Many collaborate by creating mapped trails of several studios. Others also demonstrate their craft, allow visitors to try their skill for themselves, and provide refreshments.
A directory and website include details of routes and opening weekends.
Mr Lund-Lack said: “We encourage guests to plan their route, including somewhere to stop for lunch, to ensure an enjoyable day that runs smoothly.
“This is an experience designed to open your mind to art. There is no pressure to buy but please leave with your head full of creativity and inspiration.”
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 5 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
More details are available on Facebook, on Twitter from @Suffopenstudios, or at suffolkopenstudios.org.