Gallery: Moments capture in monochrome by Suffolk photographers will be on display at Mercury Theatre, Colchester
A three week monochrome photo exhibition is to start in Colchester next week, with the aim of increasing the popularity of the style.
Suffolk Monochrome Group, founded in 2009, are holding their fourth exhibition in the Digby Gallery of the Mercury Theatre on December 30 until January 20.
A wide range of photos will be on display, including landscapes, portraitures and abstract photographs.
The exhibition includes atmospheric images of the coast including Southwold’s. pier and beach huts.
Moments in sporting events have also been captured by the group.
The group, consisting of 12 photographers, have used a number of photographic processes including the use of a traditional darkroom, digital capture and infra-red to produce the images.
They hope that the exhibition will encourage the development of monochrome photographs.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 4 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 5 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 6 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 7 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 8 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 9 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 10 Ex-Town striker Pitman drops down five levels to sign for new club
The gallery can be viewed during the theatre’s normal opening hours of 10am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, and admission is free.