Gallery: Moments capture in monochrome by Suffolk photographers will be on display at Mercury Theatre, Colchester
A three week monochrome photo exhibition is to start in Colchester next week, with the aim of increasing the popularity of the style.
Suffolk Monochrome Group, founded in 2009, are holding their fourth exhibition in the Digby Gallery of the Mercury Theatre on December 30 until January 20.
A wide range of photos will be on display, including landscapes, portraitures and abstract photographs.
The exhibition includes atmospheric images of the coast including Southwold’s. pier and beach huts.
Moments in sporting events have also been captured by the group.
You may also want to watch:
The group, consisting of 12 photographers, have used a number of photographic processes including the use of a traditional darkroom, digital capture and infra-red to produce the images.
They hope that the exhibition will encourage the development of monochrome photographs.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
The gallery can be viewed during the theatre’s normal opening hours of 10am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, and admission is free.