Gallery: Monochrome showcase for East Anglian photographers
THESE impressive black and white photographs are just some of the stunning images currently on display as part of a latest exhibition.
Members of the Suffolk Monochrome Group are showcasing their work at the Mercury Theatre in Colchester until December 31.
The subject matter is varied, including landscapes, portraiture and abstract, as well as images of other genres.
The group was founded in 2009 by 12 photographers with the aim of promoting the art of monochrome photography in all its various forms.
Member Barry Freeman said the objectives of the group are to foster the appreciation of monochrome photographs and to encourage the development of this branch of photographic art.
You may also want to watch:
“The group aim is the creation of quality monochrome images, by any of the photographic processes available,” he said.
Since the group formed, it has held a number of exhibitions in East Anglia, with the main venues being Wingfield Barns and the Mercury Theatre.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
The latest showcase can be viewed in the Digby Gallery during the normal opening hours of the theatre. Admission is free.
chromegroup.co.uk for more information.