Gallery: Monster trucks entertain the crowds at Barrow
- Credit: Archant
An action-packed event where huge pick-up trucks – known as monster trucks – came up against each other had a bumper turnout this year.
The inaugural Monster Trucks Live last year at the Suffolk Academy in Barrow, near Bury St Edmunds, attracted about 1,500 people.
But Amelia Benion, one of the organisers, believed more than 5,000 people turned out to this year’s show on Sunday.
She said: “It was a mega day. We had to shut the gates in the end and turn people away because it was so full.”
The show playing host to five of Europe’s top monster trucks, one of which was a ride truck, and it also featured monster tanks.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions at the event – which was raising money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices – was a freestyle motorcycle cross team.
Miss Benion said next year there would be seating around the whole arena as there had been a few issues with viewing this year.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash