Gallery: Open-air worship event is back to liven up Felixstowe seafront
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Christians from all over the Felixstowe area joined together to bring the sound of modern worship to Felixstowe seafront with an open-air event.
It was the first time Praise on the Prom had been held for two years after wet weather washed out both the previous events.
Andy Rayner, one of the organisers of the lively praise and worship service, co-ordinated by the Churches Together in Felixstowe movement, said: “It was lovely to be able to hold it again after missing the last two years.
“The weather was just right, not too hot but the sun did come out. We had good turnout and the afternoon went really well.”
The service on Sunday, led by Mick Warner with the joint churches’ big band, took place in the seafront gardens near The Hut.
You may also want to watch:
Youth pastor Josh Hunt, of Felixstowe BOOST, was guest speaker, and the afternoon also featured drama from Steve Ransom and Ted Payne, and testimony and three songs from Woodbridge-based jazz singer Karen Lawson.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go