Gallery: Parents join their children for day of fun and learning at Melton Primary School
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
More than 50 parents went back to school for the day to gain a greater appreciation for their child’s life in education.
Melton Primary School held its Bring Your Parent to School Day on Wednesday as part of its ongoing efforts to foster greater ties with the wider community.
Headteacher Mark Girling said: “At Melton we try and find lots of ways to get parents involved in school life.
“It’s important to help them to support their child’s education at home, it makes them feel more connected with what’s going on at the school and it is a chance to showcase the work that we do – there are a lot of teachers who work really hard and it’s nice to share that with the parents.”
The mums and dads took part in a normal school day, watching classroom lessons and enjoying playtime in the yard.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Girling said the feedback at the end of the day had been very supportive.
“The parents said it was fantastic, they loved it, there was lots of fun and positive energy and they could see the learning taking place in many different ways,” he said.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results