Gallery: People line the street as panto-themed Felixstowe carnival proves a massive hit
- Credit: Archant
Shrek, Snow White and Peter Pan were just some of the colourful and popular characters making their way through the streets of Felixstowe at the weekend during the resort’s popular carnival, which organisers have declared a major success.
Hundreds of people lined the streets as the panto-themed carnival’s cavalcade began its journey from Beatrice Avenue and made its way through the town centre before reaching its destination in Sea Road.
This year there was a total of 30 float entries in the procession, which included 15 lorries.
Vice chairman of the carnival, Jeremy Moore, said: “It was brilliant. It has gone very, very well.
“Going through the town, it keeps the traders happy because people are around and coffee shops and places like that have benefited.”
You may also want to watch:
Float entries this year included the Felixstowe Hockey Club, the Old Felixstowe Nursery, which won the best float gong, Peewit Caravan Park and the Landguard Sea Scouts.
Pick up a copy of tomorrow’s paper for a four-page Felixstowe Carnival picture special and a full report.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 9 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area