Gallery Perfect weather brings out the crowds for Trimley carnival
- Credit: Archant
Glorious summer sunshine brought out the crowds to the re-launched Trimley Carnival at the weekend.
Last year’s carnival had to be cancelled because of wet weather, and the disappointment led to the then committee stepping down later in the year.
But with a new team at the helm and the arrival of the summer heatwave, this year’s event was a massive success.
New committee chair Sharon Iannuzzi said at least 1,200 people were at the Trimley Social Club for the main event.
And more lined the road to see the colourful parade make its way to the club.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was disappointing when last year’s carnival had to be cancelled because of the weather, but we took over after the committee stood down in December and it is fantastic that it has all gone so well.
“I’d like to thank the people of Trimley for supporting the event so well. We all had a great time – even though it did get very hot!”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car