Gallery: Photographer has passion for wonders of the natural world
- Credit: Margaret Holland
These stunning pictures capture an Ipswich woman’s love for wildlife.
They were taken by reader Margaret Holland during a recent trip to Wales and she said: “It just shows what is in our countryside if we take the time to stand and stare.”
She added: “The kites are evidence of a very successful reintroduction many years ago, so much so that they now fly in many counties in the UK with Suffolk being no exception.
“Just to see them is exciting as they call out to each other as they circle round riding the thermals and have great eyesight spotting the smallest morsel from a great height.
“The redstarts are migrants from Africa and what handsome birds these are when you stop to really have a look.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Holland, whose passion for wildlife is shared by husband Brian, said she hoped her photographs would encourage others to enjoy the delights of the countryside.
“While we are no experts, our enthusiasm for wildlife and the natural world is undimmed.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
“We are all for trying to introduce people of all ages to the wonders of the natural world in the hope that they too may derive the same pleasure that we gain from just being out and about in what is left of this green and pleasant land.”