Gallery: Photographers’ amazing pictures of birds of prey at Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
With their dark eyes, powerful beaks and impressive talons these birds of prey make powerful photographs.
The pictures were all taken at Stonham Aspal’s Suffolk Owl Sanctuary during the centre’s photography competition.
Around 40 people entered with a variety of pictures taken of the birds as well as of the group of red squirrels at the sanctuary.
The centre’s Catherine Irving said the photographers were also free to take pictures of any of the wildlife at the sanctuary including the bees.
She said: “The standards were extremely high, it is always high but I think what was noticeable this year was the wide range of ages - the youngster was 10 and the oldest, 70.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had people participate from quite a wide area, it was not just Suffolk but Essex, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Northamptonshire.”
The adult winners won places on a professional photography course.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth