Gallery/Poll: Suffolk gets ready for a weekend in the sun
- Credit: citizenside.com
TEMPERATURES are set to rise this weekend - and Suffolk is more than ready for some fun in the sun.
Across the county tourism centres are preparing for the heatwave, which could see the mercury hit 18C.
After a prolonged cold snap, the late arrival of spring will be most welcome and plans are already being put in place.
Posting on our Facebook page, reader Nikki Hart said in regard to the heatwave: “About time as wel!! Can’t wait fed up of this horrible cold weather.”
While Matt Musiol joked: “Going to have a huge bonfire, got loads of plastic and rubber to burn. Joke - but I bet someone will.”
Another reader said they would be outside all day, while Tina Taylor said: “After the last few months, I thought we were already in a heatwave! We had our first barbecue Monday as we thought that was it!”
And Rob Moore said he would be taking his three-month-old son to the seaside for the first time.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
On Twitter, John Ling said he was “Sceptical but hopeful” of seeing a heatwave, while Darren Harris said: “The one thing I won’t be doing is holding my breath! #longoverdue.”
Already we have seen slightly warmer weather this week and our iwitness members have been out walking, with their trusted cameras to hand- see our gallery top right.
Where will you go this weekend? Will you be making the most of the warmer weather?