Gallery: Putting the final preparations to the Perfect Christmas in Suffolk and Essex
IT is the most magical time of year, and this week there has been an extra sparkle sprinkled over the region.
In Colchester, the curtain went up on The Mercury Theatre’s annual panto. This year audience’s are enjoying the spectacle that is Jack and The Beanstalk.
Father Christmas has been checking his list after speaking with children at Denny’s in Bury St Edmunds and in Ipswich, shoppers snapped up bargains at the Fore Street Christmas market.
Footballers took a trip to the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice, as well as other medical centres across Suffolk, to spread some festive cheer.
Scouts in Stowmarket have shown they are prepared for Christmas by launching their annual post service.
You may also want to watch:
Tree festivals have also taken place around the region, celebrating the iconic Christmas tree.
• Share you Christmas celebrations by uploading photos, and video, to suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk. • For Christmas events and church services, visit our Perfect Christmas pages.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock