Gallery: Relive the night X Factor stars JLS set Chantry Park, Ipswich alight on the day the boys announce their split
LAST summer they were given a heroes welcome as they returned to Ipswich for a second gig but today JLS have announced they have come to the end of the line.
The band shot to fame in 2008 after appearing on TV talent search X Factor and found a niche in the market - as the Take That of their generation, appealing to young girls and their mum’s in equal measures.
The boys have twice performed in Ipswich, first in February 2010 when they took the stage at the Ipswich Regent, then again in August last year when they did a Heart gig in Chantry Park with Cover Drive and Little Mix supporting.
But sadly, today, Aston, JB, Oritse and Marvin have announced they will split at the end of their forthcoming tour.
Charlene Swallow posted on our Facebook page to say she was ‘shocked’.
You may also want to watch:
And there is likely to be upset amongst young fans across the borough. Other were less upset, and Kay Leigh Marie said: “They were too cheesy anyway.”
How do you feel about the split?
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go