Gallery: School friends found true love after leaving college and tied the knot in fairytale wedding at Stratford St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Welcome to our first Wedding of the Month – a new feature that will allow us to share these happy days!
Big thanks to Gemma and Thomas Hall for giving us a glimpse of their world. If you’d like to see your wedding in print, details about how to get in touch are on this page. Meanwhile, enjoy this fairytale day at lovely Stratford St Mary church
Thomas and Gemma met when she joined St Joseph’s College sixth-form in Ipswich in 2000. While their friendship at St Jo’s did not then blossom into romance, they were reunited five years later and went out on their first date.
Thomas proposed on holiday in Tenerife in April, 2013, and plans were set in motion.
A full year of planning resulted in a fairytale wedding at Stratford St Mary Church on May 31, 2014, followed by a reception for 125 guests at Le Talbooth, Dedham.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma was supported on the day by lifelong friend Emma, as well as her cousin Amelia and close friends Rhiannon, Francesca Reason, Francesca Shelley and Sian. Luca, Gemma’s godson, was in attendance as page boy.
The bridal party’s hair and make-up was expertly created by Rococco of Ipswich.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
Wedding guests enjoyed drinks on the lawn at Le Talbooth, and a sumptuous wedding breakfast, followed by dancing late into the evening.
Instead of the traditional wedding favours the couple opted to make a donation to the Magic Moments Charity dedicated to helping children suffering life-limiting illnesses. Later in the year the newlyweds enjoyed a honeymoon on the romantic island of Mauritius and are now settled into their new home.
If you would like your wedding to be featured, call Debbie Noye on 01473 324773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org