Gallery: School syndicate scoops £1m lottery win - but who else has received big cash prizes in Suffolk and Essex?
- Credit: Archant
Teachers and support staff at a Suffolk school whooped with joy when they learned of their a £1 million lottery win.
The 23-strong syndicate from Brooklands Primary School in Brantham joined an ever-growing rich list of previous cash prize winners from Suffolk and Essex when they scooped the EuroMillions Millionaire raffle selection on Tuesday, October 21.
Other winners have included grandmothers, teenagers, shop-workers and bakers – all of whom have claimed their share of hundreds of millions in prize money.
A syndicate of 10 Co-op workers in Great Bardfield split a £2.4 million jackpot between them in March 2013.
Stowmarket grandmother Yvonne Ford won £20,000 in a lottery draw, which required her to collect passwords from the East Anglian Daily Times. She used her winnings to treat her grandson and went on holiday with her winnings.
Richard and Cathy Brown were two days into a sailing trip around Britain when they found out about their £6 million lottery windfall. The former Archant employees from Ipswich returned home after checking their numbers online.
Haverhill couple Adrian and Gillian Bayford scooped the second biggest ever lottery prize when they won a £148 million EuroMillions jackpot in August 2012. They filed for divorce the following year.
Jean Swatman, 63, won £2 million in June 2013 – but continued to work as a baker at the Morrisons supermarket in Lowestoft for more than six months.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 4 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 6 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 7 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 8 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 9 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 10 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
Eloise Hutchinson, a 19-year-old from Colchester, won £1,346,840 in the New Year’s Eve Lotto draw in 2012, after buying a ticket with theo thought that winning big would be “a good way to start the New Year”.
Leiston mother-of-four, Nicola Wright, celebrated Mother’s Day in style in 2010 after scooping £250,000 on the National Lottery.