Gallery: Stowmarket Christmas Fayre spreads festive cheer through market town
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people flocked to a Suffolk market town for its annual Christmas fair.
A traditional street market and live entertainment drew in crowds of more than 5,000 residents to the Stowmarket Christmas Fayre in the town’s Market Place, an organiser said.
Children got the chance to meet Father Christmas while hundreds of people had their picture taken inside a giant snow globe for free as part of the festivities which ran from 10am-4pm on Saturday.
David Marsh, events manager at Stowmarket Town Council, said between 5,000 to 6,000 people descended upon the town.
“There was a great community feel throughout the day,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We were really pleased with how it went and I think it was an important reminded of what a great and vibrant market we have in Stowmarket.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex