Gallery: Tasty fun for families at apple day in Holywells Park, Ipswich
As the nation celebrated all things apple, crowds gathered in Holywells Park to revel in taster sessions and fun-filled activities
Hordes of excited children converged at a treasured town park to celebrate all things apple.
The Friends of Holywells Park (FOHP) annual extravaganza was held earlier this month to mark one of the nation’s favourite fruits and celebrate National Apple Day.
An array of fruity activities included apple bobbing and tasting, while others preferred to explore the offerings of the popular park
Robin Gape, chairman of the friends community group, said: “It was a great event and it was very well attended. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and they loved the apples.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a lot of activities going on including apple pressing and juicing. We also measured to see who could get the longest apple peel.
“The children loved tasting the apples and they also got to do lots of apple bobbing too.
- 1 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 5 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 6 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 7 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
“The children were having a whale of a time, running around and enjoying the wildlife walks we had going on. The RSPB were also at the event. It was also a great opportunity for everyone to explore the orchard.
“It is such a great family event and I think the community definitely appreciate what we do with Apple Day. I’m sure it will be back next year.”
For more information about the friends group and future events, see www.holywellspark.org.uk