Gallery: Thomas Mills students take to stage for musical fun
- Credit: Archant
Budding young thespians at a Suffolk school are beginning their three-day production run of a popular Broadway musical today.
Around 60 students at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham have been busily rehearsing for the opening performance of Fiddler on the Roof – the classic tale of a Jewish family in Tsarist Russia.
Director of music Richard Hanley said this year’s cast was “very strong” and praised the “team effort” of everyone involved – whether as a performer or backstage.
“I’m sure the cast will pull it out of the bag and create a very moving performance,” he said.
Students auditioned for their parts before the summer holidays and have been rehearsing since the start of autumn term.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hanley said that music and drama are both an “important feature of school life” at Thomas Mills.
Tickets for this evening’s show are available on 01728 723493. Tomorrow and Friday’s have sold out.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder