Gallery: Thousands attend Stowmarket’s annual three-day carnival
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people attended a town’s annual three-day carnival which has been hailed by organisers as the ‘best event for years’.
On Saturday Stowmarket came to a standstill as lines of lorries carrying colourful revellers weaved through the town centre as part of the procession.
The carnival kicked off the previous day with bands playing in the Recreation Ground with Sunday’s timetable seeing among other attractions a classic car show, a tug of war and a teddy bear picnic.
Chairman of the Stowmarket Carnival committee, Zoe Lynch said: “It’s been absolutely wonderful, we’ve had really good crowds and the support along the procession was great. We have had good reviews from the public, it’s been the best attended carnival for years.
“The Lowestoft dog display team drew a good crowd. I am pleased with how the fundraising and sponsorship went for the carnival, it has been very successful. The atmosphere has been buzzing.”
You may also want to watch:
This year the carnival committee had a target of raising £4,000 to help stage the event.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn