Gallery: Thousands flock to resort for Art on the Prom in Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Thousands flocked to Felixstowe for the seaside resort’s 10th anniversary of the popular Art on the Prom festival.
More than 100 artists showcased their talents and demonstrated their techniques along the seafront as more than 10,000 people descended on the seaside resort yesterday, according to organisers.
It was part of a series of special events taking place in the town centre, with more lined up over the next two weekends. Art fans were yesterday treated to a variety of exhibitions.
Lynn Dyson-Bruce showed off her textiles work, Beryl Scott impressed onlookers with her printmaking skills, and Jim Nind presented a fine range of 3D sculptures.
Organiser Mary Wyatt said: “It was a fantastic success.
You may also want to watch:
“The standard keeps getting better every year and between 10,000 to 20,000 people came out to support us this year.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 9 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village