Gallery: Thousands take advantage of the sun for annual vintage vehicle run from Christchurch Park, Ipswich to Felixstowe
THOUSANDS of people took advantage of the glorious weekend weather to see an array of vintage vehicles at an annual event.
An estimated 500 classic cars, motorcycles, lorries, buses and military vehicles started the Ipswich to Felixstowe Historic Vehicle Run at Christchurch Park on Sunday.
The owners of the vehicles then left the park and made their way to Felixstowe, where they parked up on the prom for the rest of the day.
Thousands of people in the resort took the opportunity to look at the vehicles and talk with the owners.
The run, one of Felixstowe’s most popular events, is now in its 43rd year and Trevor Ling, one of the organisers, has hailed it as a great success.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It has been going really well.
“We have got about 500 vehicles here I think and the prom has been fairly full. Everybody seems happy and the weather has been good.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“I am very pleased with the way it has gone because this is my last year so I have gone out in a blaze of glory.
“It is a wonderful day but we are also trying to raise money for the Ipswich Transport Museum to restore some of our objects.”