Gallery: Trimely carnival blessed with sun and fun for its first two-day event
- Credit: Lucy taylor
The sun eventually broke through the clouds for the Trimley carnival today – and the weather looks good for tomorrow as well.
The annual event has been run over two days for the first time this year and has plenty of entertainment for all ages.
Chairman of the carnival committee Sharon Iannuzzi said she was pleased with how the event was going.
“My new committee took over last year and had we not taken over the running of the carnival it would have folded last year,” she said.
“We were so pleased with how it went last year we thought we’d try two days.
“Last year we raised £2,500 and this year it would be nice to reach £3,000.”
The money raised helps fund the carnival and also goes to local good causes.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 3 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 4 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 5 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 6 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 7 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 8 Investigation launched after two bodies found
- 9 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 10 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
Among the attractions this year are a variety of craft and charity stalls, fairground attractions, bouncy castles and a barbeque.
And on Sunday there is also an It’s a Knockout style event for teams, with the course then opened up for the public in the afternoon.
The event, which had the theme of Countries of the World Cup, began today with a procession from Faulkeners Way to the Trimley Sports and Social Club.