Gallery: Trimely carnival blessed with sun and fun for its first two-day event
- Credit: Lucy taylor
The sun eventually broke through the clouds for the Trimley carnival today – and the weather looks good for tomorrow as well.
The annual event has been run over two days for the first time this year and has plenty of entertainment for all ages.
Chairman of the carnival committee Sharon Iannuzzi said she was pleased with how the event was going.
“My new committee took over last year and had we not taken over the running of the carnival it would have folded last year,” she said.
“We were so pleased with how it went last year we thought we’d try two days.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we raised £2,500 and this year it would be nice to reach £3,000.”
The money raised helps fund the carnival and also goes to local good causes.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
Among the attractions this year are a variety of craft and charity stalls, fairground attractions, bouncy castles and a barbeque.
And on Sunday there is also an It’s a Knockout style event for teams, with the course then opened up for the public in the afternoon.
The event, which had the theme of Countries of the World Cup, began today with a procession from Faulkeners Way to the Trimley Sports and Social Club.