Gallery: Vehicle stranded in flood waters in Marlesford
TORRENTIAL downpours have caused roads to flood across Suffolk, and vehicles have become stranded as they try to pass through.
In Marlesford, this four-wheel drive vehicle had to be abandoned after getting stuck in the flood waters.
iwitness Alison Balaam sent in these photos taken by her daughter, and show just how high the water has got.
There were food warnings in place last night, as the rain continued to pour down on Suffolk but experts have warned that the worst fo the flooding is expected this weekend as more rain is expected to fall tomorrow.
Offering advice to motorists, Divisional Officer Neil Fenwick, of Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, said: “It is astonishing just how many motorists have driven their car into flood water and need our help to get themselves, and often their families, out of their predicament.
You may also want to watch:
“If you can’t see how deep the water is, don’t drive through it, it’s as simple as that.”
Share your weather photos at suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk For twice-daily weather updates, check out the podcasts on our homepage.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide