Gallery: Vintage cars turn out for rally at The White Lion Inn in Lower Ufford
- Credit: Archant
VINTAGE cars arrived to be part of an annual rally now in its ninth year based at a Suffolk pub.
Organisers have said there were around 150 cars dating from across the decades at The White Lion Inn, in Lower Ufford, near Woodbridge.
Hundreds of people gathered around the cars. Landlord Stephen Thurlow said: “It was marvellous, we could not have asked for a better turnout.
“It was about the same as last year which was good.
“There were wonderful cars and everybody had a good time.
“Our pitch was totally full and we had hundreds and hundreds of people come to view the cars.
“There were some valuable Bentleys, Rolls-Royces – everything you can think of came.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
“We also had several older commercial type cars and we had some motorbikes turn up, which we have never had in the past. It was a big success.”
The pub created a special label for one of its home-brewed ales, the Uffa Tipple.
After the car rally on Saturday, the drivers returned to the pub yesterday to take part in a vintage vehicle run to Middleton.
“The pub has always done car rallies but this one is getting bigger and bigger,” Mr Thurlow said.
“It’s amazing how many families come and visit us.”