Gallery: Walking is the best way to discover the delights of Hemley
- Credit: Archant
AMATEUR photographer and keen walker Alison Connors has been wandering through Hemley, indulging in her two favourite hobbies.
Sharing her photos, and convincing others to take up walking, she said: “Many years ago I could not think what walking as a past time would do for me or indeed anyone else. What was the point of ‘going for a walk?’
“No, I did not get it at all that is until I dared to try it. Only then did I work out the reasons why.
“On Friday I discovered something else about the rewards of walking.
“I took a trip to Hemley, a very small village next to Newbourne just East of Ipswich. It comprises of several houses and also a church, All Saints which has a grass car park opposite.
You may also want to watch:
“A few hundred yards down from the church is the River Deben. There is a four-mile walk that I have done often which takes you along a track to Waldringfield and then back to Hemley.
“The track to and from Hemley is in an elevated position. The fields fall away towards the edge of the River Deben.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
“At the Walderingfield end of the path you are afforded absolutely stunning views of the surrounding countryside, a long stretch of the Deben which finishes off with the sun dancing on the houses at Felixtowe Ferry.
“What a fantastic piece of Suffolk this truly is.”
Have you got a favourite route that you like take when you go for a stroll? Share you photos and tell us more about the scenery, send your contribution to suffolk.iwitness.co.uk