Gallery: West End star Amy Pemberton comes to Finborough School to teach at auditions
- Credit: Archant
Students have been taking cues from a West End star from Suffolk as they prepare to hit the stage in their new show.
Children at Finborough School were given a treat when Amy Pemberton, star of a recent production of Rock of Ages, gave acting tips.
The former Stowupland High School pupil put 50 children through their final auditions for Grease.
Georgie Ross, head of performing arts at the school, said: “The students’ response to her was brilliant. It was amazing to have her at the school and she’s going to come back to work with us on the show.
“The children found her really inspirational and she talked about stage school, different jobs and teaching.
You may also want to watch:
“We have got a lot of focus on drama. Our new sports hall will include a performing arts studio.”
The school will be performing Grease at the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds next February for two nights.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car