Gallery: Wildlife snapper Kevin Sawford to lead Ipswich and District Photographic Society’s talk
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning wildlife photographer will be giving an illustrated talk on his craft to a group of like-minded enthusiasts.
Ipswich and District Photographic Society will be welcoming Kevin Sawford to its meeting next week, when he will be offering an insight into his career and experiences.
Mr Sawford, who is based on the border of Suffolk and Norfolk, says his main passion is to photograph the natural world and he enjoys capturing a wide variety of wildlife, both at home and abroad.
He has run photography workshops for the Suffolk Wildlife Trust, which he said “proved very popular” and has grown to offer more events across the county’s nature reserves.
His works have sold around the world including one, of an elephant hawk moth, that featured on an Irish stamp.
You may also want to watch:
And several have earned him awards in competitions, including a highly commended at the 2014 British Wildlife Photography Awards and a silver award in the 2013 International Loupe awards.
“Recently I have found myself working closer to home and find that by doing so I’m able to learn the lives of the local wildlife better and so giving myself more opportunities to get images of my three favourite local UK species, these being the roe deer, barn owl and brown hare,” he said.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
The talk takes place at the Burlington Baptist Church Centre in London Road, Ipswich, from 7.30pm on Monday.
Entry is free for members, £3 for visitors
Visit www.kevinsawford.com for more information.