Gallery: Wildlife snapper Kevin Sawford to lead Ipswich and District Photographic Society’s talk
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning wildlife photographer will be giving an illustrated talk on his craft to a group of like-minded enthusiasts.
Ipswich and District Photographic Society will be welcoming Kevin Sawford to its meeting next week, when he will be offering an insight into his career and experiences.
Mr Sawford, who is based on the border of Suffolk and Norfolk, says his main passion is to photograph the natural world and he enjoys capturing a wide variety of wildlife, both at home and abroad.
He has run photography workshops for the Suffolk Wildlife Trust, which he said “proved very popular” and has grown to offer more events across the county’s nature reserves.
His works have sold around the world including one, of an elephant hawk moth, that featured on an Irish stamp.
And several have earned him awards in competitions, including a highly commended at the 2014 British Wildlife Photography Awards and a silver award in the 2013 International Loupe awards.
“Recently I have found myself working closer to home and find that by doing so I’m able to learn the lives of the local wildlife better and so giving myself more opportunities to get images of my three favourite local UK species, these being the roe deer, barn owl and brown hare,” he said.
- 1 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 2 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 5 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 6 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 7 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 8 Review: Trying the food at Suffolk restaurant named best Mexican in country
- 9 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
The talk takes place at the Burlington Baptist Church Centre in London Road, Ipswich, from 7.30pm on Monday.
Entry is free for members, £3 for visitors
Visit www.kevinsawford.com for more information.