Gallery: Witham’s new leisure centre and swimming pool on track for summer opening
Witham’s new leisure centre is on course to open this summer after building work reached its latest milestone.
The new construction was declared fully wind- and weather-tight last month and attention has now turned to the interior fittings.
It’s part of investment by Braintree District Council into leisure facilities in the area and once complete will include a six lane, 25 metre swimming pool, a learner pool with a moveable floor, an overlooking spectator area, a fitness suite, two squash courts and two dance studios.
It will also feature a sauna and steam room.
Jo Beavis, cabinet member for people and participation, said: “We’re one step closer to seeing a brand new, state of the art leisure centre for residents in Witham.
You may also want to watch:
“The completed facilities will be the latest addition to what is already an outstanding range of leisure services across the district.
“It has been great to see local schools and sports clubs get involved and follow the project, as we hope they will be among those who get to benefit most from what’s on offer.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket