Gallery: Women partied in the streets after dark during St Helena Hospice Midnight Walk
- Credit: Kevin Bell 2013
Hundreds of ladies partied in their pyjamas to support St Helena Hospice’s fifth Midnight Walk.
Around 900 women donned their onesies, nighties and dressing gowns and walked the 12km route, which started and finished at Colchester United’s Weston Homes Community Stadium, on Saturday.
The walkers were cheered on by volunteer stewards, St John Ambulance and topless rugby players.
Sophie Harvey, St Helena Hospice’s events and community manager, said: “Wow, what an amazing night. The enthusiasm with which the ladies partied in their PJs was immense.
“At the moment our estimations show that the ladies who took part have raised around £70,000 in sponsorship – absolute testament to their hard work, determination and passion.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge thank you must go to all of our sponsors and particularly our Gold Sponsor, World of Beds.
“We couldn’t do the walk without the support of our community for which we feel truly grateful.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'