Gallery: Young Essex musicians’ orchestra joy
YOUNG musicians took part in a workshop to discover the excitement of playing in a real orchestra.
The Colne Valley Training Orchestra held a special two-day play for pleasure holiday orchestra for aspiring young musicians.
The event, which took place in the United Reformed Church, Colchester, on Tuesday and Wednesday, was the 16th year it had been held.
Beverley Warrrington, musical director of the training orchestra, said it was great fun for children to play their instruments with others and make new friends.
“This year we had a great variety of music to learn and perform, including many well known pieces such as Imagine by John Lennon, Theme From Pinata by Bright Eyes, Dance of the Hours, the Match of the Day theme and a Rondo by Purcel,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant musical director Chris Lund added: “The workshop provides a wonderful opportunity for young people to play in an ensemble and to experience the excitement of an orchestral concert.”
The popular musical event was for musicians of approximately grades two to five and a concert was held on Tuesday evening for family and friends.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
The Colne Valley Training Orchestra is the junior branch of the well-known Colne Valley Youth Orchestra which meets once a month at Colchester Sixth Form College. For more information visit www.cvyo.net.